Who we are...

My photo
Friends who crossed the line of friendship to discover that we can love more than we thought we can. Brought together by God and have discovered along the way that there is a deeper reason why we are together. Our mission is not to be done individually,but together. This site contains our past and our journey to the future..a sharing of emotions, feelings, thoughts, dreams, fears -- all about our adventures in life.

Friday, October 10, 2008

A week of good news

I have to be honest, we are currently having a financial setback and I can actually point this all out to --- the not so good economic status of the U.S. Well, of course this is the more general problem but I wouldn't even dare talk about the details.

My husband and I have decided that since our son is already a year old, maybe it's okay that I get back to work once more. This time the goal is long term, focusing on our son's future and not sacrificing what I would really want to do in life.

TEACH. That's what I love to do. So I'm thinking if I will be looking for a career that handles corporate trainings or shoud I stick to the real deal academics. Being a mom now, I realized that becoming a teacher would help me more in my son's growth and development. Then I thought, what the heck...I'll just pray about it. Besides, God always knows what's best for me.

So I asked for guidance from the Lord. I allowed Him to lead me to the path that will help us carry out our financial problem as well as our concerns for the future. A few days after, I stumbled on two job openings for a teaching position.

Last Wednesday, one of the schools contacted me and asked me to come for an exam and interview. I was so happy yet scared at the same time. I prayed once more because I wanted to be sure that this is the job that is meant for me, the answer to the one I've been praying for. God's answer was complete, concrete, right to the point. This is what He gave me:

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart" Jeremiah 29:11-13

I cried. The relief I felt after reading that was so refreshing it's as if I can do anything. It was good news that gave me another leap of faith.

Today, I will be having my second interview. Tonight, I'll let you know what happened. Right now, I just feel so blessed.

No comments: