Who we are...

My photo
Friends who crossed the line of friendship to discover that we can love more than we thought we can. Brought together by God and have discovered along the way that there is a deeper reason why we are together. Our mission is not to be done individually,but together. This site contains our past and our journey to the future..a sharing of emotions, feelings, thoughts, dreams, fears -- all about our adventures in life.

Monday, September 22, 2008

My not-so-great week

I feel so.....tired.

Last thursday, we came home at around 11:00 P.M. to find out that Zye had fever. He had a 38 degree Celsius temperature and cannot sleep well. I had to monitor his temperature, giving him tsb every now and then. He woke up almost every 30-minutes and I had to carry him in my arms just to let him go back to sleep.

Morning came and he was already okay. Unfortunately, come Friday night, he had ver again still at the same temperature. This time the temperature rises to 39 degrees almost every two-hours. Having prayed over him, I gave him his initial dose of paracetamol and gave at the interval of four hours.Morning came and the temperature still didn't go down. I had to give him tsb every hour to make sure the fever gets controlled. We had his platelet count checked Saturday afternoon and it turned out that he was still in the two-weeks incubation period of his chicken pox vaccine. Thank God because his fever went bye-bye by Saturday evening.

It turned out though that he had measeles (tigdas hangin as we normally call it). His body now has a map of red rashes especially in the chest and back area. He slowed down in taking milk so I'm really worried that his sickness is affecting his appetite. On the contrary though, he eats his cereals with gusto and I think he doesn't like milk that much anymore so we have to make sure he eats more now. Of course, we won't be eliminating his formula. We just don't want him to lose weight.

And now I realize that my sleep will never, ever be the same again.

No comments: