Who we are...

My photo
Friends who crossed the line of friendship to discover that we can love more than we thought we can. Brought together by God and have discovered along the way that there is a deeper reason why we are together. Our mission is not to be done individually,but together. This site contains our past and our journey to the future..a sharing of emotions, feelings, thoughts, dreams, fears -- all about our adventures in life.

Friday, September 19, 2008

Matters of the heart

I was watching t.v. yesterday and my heart really goes out to this mother who needs to undergo mitral valve replacement but didn't have enough resources to have it done.

I know, you're probably thinking "Mitral what?" I had the same question in my head so naturally I searched it to find out what the whole thing was about. Mitral valve apparently is that valve lying between the left atrium and the left ventricle. If my memory serves me right, this particular valve actually has a lot to do with the blood flow happening with the heart's left atrium and left ventricle. Of course any abnormalities happening (whether narrowing or problems with the blood flow) will result to mitral valve repair which is done through surgery.

Imagine that sort of scientific explanation I just did and picture that condition happening to a mother of four. Heartbreaking is the best word to describe what I felt while watching the lady. I can only pray that her kids will be able to raise the funds that she needs to push through with the surgery. I hope that she'd get the best doctors as well.

In such case, I can only imagine how short our lives are. Let's live it to the fullest.

No comments: