Who we are...

My photo
Friends who crossed the line of friendship to discover that we can love more than we thought we can. Brought together by God and have discovered along the way that there is a deeper reason why we are together. Our mission is not to be done individually,but together. This site contains our past and our journey to the future..a sharing of emotions, feelings, thoughts, dreams, fears -- all about our adventures in life.

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Music and me

I'm not sure if I've shared this information about myself but I aside from writing poetry I have had my share of songs as well. Yes, in some brief shining moments of my artistic side, music found its way to me and I have in one way or another incorporated it with my poems.

This is more than just an accomplishment for me. Its actually one of those days that I feel really good knowing that I found harmony for my writings. My very first composition was done way back 1996 (yeah, that long!) during my college days and it happened while I was holding my guitar trying to get over a sort of heart breaking day. I wrote down the chords, excited that I am entering a new level and soon enough my classmates are lining up to hear my music.

When I got home I had me and my sister record it on a casette tape (I know, ages ago right?) and we added second voice and all those stuff just to make it sound as if it was recorder in a studio and presenting it as if it had been well arranged. Well, it wasn't as fancy and how I really wish I had known that I can actually make it happen that a whole orchestra would back up my arrangement!

Yes, world class performance at the tip of your fingers. If only technology was such during those days. I've got a few more songs that I have and I would really love to have it arranged beautifully -- with all that jazz as they say. Of course when I get my songs performed by a live ensemble I would make sure to post it here on our blog! Who knows, a recording contract maybe up for grabs soon.

No comments: