Who we are...

My photo
Friends who crossed the line of friendship to discover that we can love more than we thought we can. Brought together by God and have discovered along the way that there is a deeper reason why we are together. Our mission is not to be done individually,but together. This site contains our past and our journey to the future..a sharing of emotions, feelings, thoughts, dreams, fears -- all about our adventures in life.

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Wishlist #3

I am quite happy with how our DSL is doing. The performance is just about what we need: fast and reliable. Now, I would even be happier if I'd get to do my surfing someplace else instead of getting stuck near the telephone outlet because the cables are too short. So the ultimate wishlist is a wireless router.

Actually, hindi talaga wishlist. Meron kasing wireless router sitting around doing nothing sa house ng mga in-laws ko. I asked my brother-in-law to bring it to us so that we could use it. Besides, he'll be happy with a wireless connection in the house kasi may laptop din naman siya na dala every now and then.

The REAL wishlist here is the configuration of my router. Now, I can honestly say that I am no longer the techie that I used to be. Well, either that or I am losing my patience with reading, harhar. I have been able to figure out how to encrypt the connection with a password so that my wireless connection is not a freebie to everyone nearby. Unfortunatel, my laptop cannot seem to access any website when the wireless connection is set up. Direct connection with DSL modem: great. Direct Link with Router: working. Now I have to figure out why the laptop is not communicating with the internet. The router signal is excellent and the laptop can actually connect to the router. It's the internet connectivity that is not present. And I, on the other hand, am at a lost.

Maybe I'll figure it out in the next few days....

No comments: