Who we are...

My photo
Friends who crossed the line of friendship to discover that we can love more than we thought we can. Brought together by God and have discovered along the way that there is a deeper reason why we are together. Our mission is not to be done individually,but together. This site contains our past and our journey to the future..a sharing of emotions, feelings, thoughts, dreams, fears -- all about our adventures in life.

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

A Worm that's bugging me

Hello to the blogging world once again!!!! I missed having to post for the past few days and I've got A LOT of stories to tell like our post valentines date, Zye's recent check-up and his first encounter with food. But the weekend got a little busy and yesterday when I was about to start with all of my blogging activities -- our laptop hung up on me. Oh yeah...I mean bigtime! What's worst is that Dong will be going out-of-town for work stuff and he was suppose to bring the laptop with him. *Sigh* I really want him to be able to bring the laptop so that he won't get wrapped up in manually writing down reports. I was determined to fix the problem. Thing is, I don't even know where to begin. I did a full scan to look for worms or viruses but nothing came out. I tried installing the drivers but nothing happened. By midnight, I was able to figure out that it was the keyboard's driver that wasn't working. Problem was, the keyboard's driver was embedded with Microsoft. I had to restore the system at an earlier time when the registry's configuration was still good. I tried the system restore several times but it didn't work. I'm not sure why. Finally I got the idea of checking the internet for possible answers. It was hard since I had the find ways to use the only the tpuch pad was working. I had to copy paste words to be able to search for topics. Finally, I came across this forum that advices one to start on safe mode then look for the last good configuration. It was 4:30 AM, it had to work. Dong will be leaving by 6:30 AM. AT LAST!!! After starting in safe mode, I was able to do system restore and everything went back to normal!!! Thank God!!! The effort was worth it. Dong was so happy (even if he was a bit mad since I did not sleep anymore...hehehehe) but all is well. The experience of technical support in a call center paid off!!!! Hahahaha.
I'll miss you Dhe. See you Saturday.

No comments: