Who we are...

My photo
Friends who crossed the line of friendship to discover that we can love more than we thought we can. Brought together by God and have discovered along the way that there is a deeper reason why we are together. Our mission is not to be done individually,but together. This site contains our past and our journey to the future..a sharing of emotions, feelings, thoughts, dreams, fears -- all about our adventures in life.

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Going home


February 15, 2008 will be my last day in the office. It will culminate my career as a software engineer and will mark the beginning of my becoming a full-pledge plain housewife and stay-at-home mom. I honestly wonder why they call one a "plain housewife" when there is nothing plain about being such. I think there's more to being a housewife than meets the eyes.

Anyway, it's sad that after two and a half years, I'm saying goodbye to the place that became a second home. Next week, I will be ending my Monday to Friday office routine to face the challenges of learning what song to sing so that my baby boy will no longer cry during his bath time (yes, he cries only when we bathe his body. He loves being shampooed though)
Feeling a bit sentimental, I took pictures of my workspace this afternoon:
My cube nameplate:

My two cube buddies, (they've seen me in best and worst "mapping moments"), my two and a half year old thermomug and my ever reliable water bottle.The last two pictures posted on my cube wall. Bear magnet from Marj. "J" magnet from Val. Smileys provided by my sister. She gave them as a gift when I was starting out with this job.

I will surely miss everything about this job: the office, the work (well, okay maybe not much of this one), most of all the people I've worked with. But as Chris Daughtry's song goes: "...I don't regret this life I chose for me. But these faces and these places are getting old. So I'm going home."

This post will most probable have a part two.

No comments: