Who we are...

My photo
Friends who crossed the line of friendship to discover that we can love more than we thought we can. Brought together by God and have discovered along the way that there is a deeper reason why we are together. Our mission is not to be done individually,but together. This site contains our past and our journey to the future..a sharing of emotions, feelings, thoughts, dreams, fears -- all about our adventures in life.

Thursday, June 17, 2010

(Sort of) heartbreaking

There comes a time in a parent's life when your kid starts manifesting signs that they do things, in their own liking just to disobey you.

Yes, I dare say that a young age of 2 and a half years old our son is able to break "rules". You may begin to wonder how I can boldly claim that our kid has that ability. Is he of high IQ? Is he specially capable of following instructions to the dot? He's none of that. Inspite of his very keen observant eye, he is your average kid in most areas. But his ability to observe, grasp and immediately immitate actions is a true indication that he understands things. He can already assess whether I'd get mad or if what he would do will catch my attention. Thus it truly breaks my heart when you see that at some point in time, when our son will have the ability to really decide on his own, he may do things that is not to our liking.

And I say -- he may. He just might. But then my husband and I pray hard that he won't. We hope that the values we have taught will not go to waste, the love we shower him with would be enough to overcome any pressures he will encounter and the faith that we practice will give him the courage to always choose right from wrong.

It is not any easy path. But my spirit soars up knowing that all things work together for good to them that truly love the Lord.

No comments: