Who we are...

My photo
Friends who crossed the line of friendship to discover that we can love more than we thought we can. Brought together by God and have discovered along the way that there is a deeper reason why we are together. Our mission is not to be done individually,but together. This site contains our past and our journey to the future..a sharing of emotions, feelings, thoughts, dreams, fears -- all about our adventures in life.

Monday, June 28, 2010

Confessions of a misis - part 2

It is not necessary to have grand gestures (though sometimes such have a more lasting effect) all the time. It is more practical to plant small, sweet gestures daily that will build to a bigger picture of really knowing how to take care of your husband. So the TLC part of marriage is but essential to always have the person's attention -- watching out the next sweet move that you are planning. Remember, your husband is like your eldest kid. No matter how old he gets, he would always want "mommy" to take care of him in any way possible.

PATIENCE

And with that word I must add as a prefix "NEVER ENDING".

I guess any relationship needs as much patience to make it work. Personally, I think the saying "Patience is a virtue" is an understatement. Once you get married, patience cultivates into a lifestyle of its own. I mean, you agree to be with someone whom you may actually be so meant to be with to find out everyday that there are so many things to his living habits that you just can't understand. Don't get me wrong. My husband did not turn out to be a monster or anything but let's face it, you and your partner were not raised by the same parents in the same household. There are things he has been so used to doing just the same as you. The good news is, it doesn't really need to clash. Thus, the word compromise was born. You have to meet halfway and make it a win-win situation for both of you. Easy? Most of the times it can get really crazy. For example, my husband turns on the light wherever he goes and never turns it off. I, on the other hand, have been used to putting the lights off immediately after using it. The result? I end up tracing his steps to make sure the lights are all turned off once he leaves a room. Nice? Not really. It took quite some time for that reality to sink into my brain. But it is a learning experience for both of us. I have learned to stretch my patience. He learned to turn off the lights -- at least tries hard to remember doing it. =)


LA INFLUENCIA

I do not like togue (sprouts) the same way he doesn't like monggo. I don't eat bopis. He is not really into cakes. He only likes Cheese flavored ice cream. I love ice cream. He sleeps whenever reading. I am quite fond of books. He is terrible in remembering lyrics. I can write my own 1001 song compilation.

Everything mentioned above is now a thing of the past. Now what I like, he likes. What he likes, I like too. Not even just to please the other but I guess being married opens you up to the possibilities of things. And from there, you learn that you need to take everything as an adventure, live your life to the fullest and just experiment. My husband and I believe that our marriage is an adventure of a lifetime. You just got to take the plunge to taste and see the goodness that the world can offer.

To be continued.

No comments: