Who we are...

My photo
Friends who crossed the line of friendship to discover that we can love more than we thought we can. Brought together by God and have discovered along the way that there is a deeper reason why we are together. Our mission is not to be done individually,but together. This site contains our past and our journey to the future..a sharing of emotions, feelings, thoughts, dreams, fears -- all about our adventures in life.

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

What's cooking?

One of the things that I love to do is to eat. And it is because of it that I have been drawn to cooking. When I was still single, I barely cook because my mom does all the cooking at home. Now that I am already a wife and a mom, I am already the queen of the kitchen.

To be able to best achieve the taste and quality of food that I want, I have to be picky in the things that I use for cooking. All the ingredients have to be fresh and my cooking utensils have to be really good.

One challenge that I have encountered is how to make the meat really tender. During beef stew nights, I would always worry if the meat is already good enough to eat. It was then that I realized the value of my mom's crock pots. Before I really thought that crock pots were just an addition to my pile of dishes not to mention a waste of time and money. It is only now that I really understood its worth in the kitchen.

Although I currently have a crock pot at home, I would love to have this particular cooker whichI found in the internet:

It was definitely love at first sight. Not even mentioning its versatility, it would really be great to have this work-of-art in my kitchen. Hmmm...maybe I'll put it in this year's birthday wishlist.

No comments: