Who we are...

My photo
Friends who crossed the line of friendship to discover that we can love more than we thought we can. Brought together by God and have discovered along the way that there is a deeper reason why we are together. Our mission is not to be done individually,but together. This site contains our past and our journey to the future..a sharing of emotions, feelings, thoughts, dreams, fears -- all about our adventures in life.

Tuesday, March 25, 2008


I was out for the past few days, far from any internet access but ow I'm making it up to tell you what has happened. The Lenten Season paved way to a bonding session of three great families. This story is all about our Holy week vacation. For my narration purposes, let me introduce to you the cast of characters:

The Junior Driz family:
The daddy: Dong
The mommy: Jing
The baby: Zye

The Senior Driz family:
Dadski: Dong's dad, Galo
Mamski: Dong's mom, Weng
The boys: Dong's brothers: Nikki and Derick

The Donor family:
Daduds: Jng's dad, Cel
Mamu: Jing's mom, Fe
Sis: Jing's sister, Owie

March 20, 2008
4:30 A.M.

I woke up with Zye and Dong beside me, smiling ear to ear. They were all set and ready to go. Coming from Pasig, we had to get a head start to avoid traffic. Zye was up and about. I think our son is excited. Somehow he knew he was going somewhere today. Mamu was already with us. So we headed-off to our destination: Bato Spirngs, San Pablo Laguna.

8:00 A.M.
The Junior Driz together with Mamu arrived at Bato Springs. The Senior Driz was still on their way because they had to wait for Derick who was coming from a night-shift job. While waiting, Mamu and Zye went for some early pictorials.

9:00 A.M.
While waiting for the senior Driz family, Dong and I decided to watch Highschool Musical 1 since I have not, at all, watched it while Mamu and Zye took a nap.

11:45 A.M.
The senior Driz family arrived. We started fixing our menu for lunch.

1:30 P.M
Was about to have lunch. Everyone was having fun playing with Zye and looking at this cute picture of him and our cottage neighbor’s baby, Isabel. The two looked cute in their picture. Zye’s soulmate? Haha...our boy is too young for that!!!!

2:30 P.M.
Everyone went swimming except for Mamu and Zye. Owie was still on their company outing at Dalampasigan Resort.

6:40 P.M
Owie arrived while we were busy preparing dinner.

10:00 P.M.
Sweet dreams.

March 21, 2008
6:30 A.M.
I woke up before Zye and Dong did so that I can help out with breakfast. The whole gang, including Zye, was already up at around 7:00 A.M. After breakfast, all of us decided to take a dip in the pool…including Zye. Of course, we wouldn’t be letting him in the pool. We brought his own pool! We filled it up with lukewarm water and we were gonna let him float around the pool with us.

8:30 A.M.
Everyone headed to the pool happy and excited. All cameras were ready for the big event: Zye’s first swimming pool encounter. Unfortunately our baby boy was already a bit sleepy. Naturally when we placed him in his floating pool, he cried. Together with Zye, I headed back to our room. Our poor baby was already sleeping even before we got to the room.

11:30 A.M
Wet and hungry. All the swimming, dipping and picture taking activities had everyone starving. For lunch, we had Tinapa, chickendog and hotdogs with scrambled eggs. After lunch, some went for a snooze while the rest of us chatted. At around 4:00 P.M. Dong, Derick and I went out for a swim while everyone was still sleeping. Actually, we only spent around 45 minutes swimming. The rest of our time was spent posing for the camera.

5:30 P.M
Dong and I started preparing dinner. We were having adobo, sisig and itlog na maalat. (Goodbye diet!) By 7:00 P.M. everybody was up and awake and dinner was served. After dinner we all decided to go to the pavilion and invade the videoke machine. We still had to wait for our turn though because the group ahead of us was still singing their hearts out. Oh yeah, and Zye was with us as well. I was trying to put him to sleep but he thought I was just playing with him. So instead of stressing myself out to make him fall to sleep, we followed the group and guess what…he snoozed off a few minutes after we arrived at the pavilion. Hehehe. I guess he just didn’t want to be left behind!

11:00 P.M.

March 22, 2008
6:30 A.M
Woke up and after a few minutes started packing up our things. Vacation is over. Back to reality once more. When daduds comes home for a vacation, I think we will visit Bato Springs again. Can’t wait for the next bonding session.


No comments: