Who we are...

My photo
Friends who crossed the line of friendship to discover that we can love more than we thought we can. Brought together by God and have discovered along the way that there is a deeper reason why we are together. Our mission is not to be done individually,but together. This site contains our past and our journey to the future..a sharing of emotions, feelings, thoughts, dreams, fears -- all about our adventures in life.

Friday, February 8, 2008

"You're my twisted sunshine..."


Hearing this particular song on the radio, I remembered how it actually found its way to the hearts of the hopeless romantic Filipinos. Truth is, I have known this song only through Chico and Delamar. I am not sure if it's the romantic side of Pinoys that made them love this song (or the PBB show that turned it to a hit) but it's sending a signal to me one way or another.

Now, the lyrics of the song are altogether "mushy". It talks about the real deal of finding that person whom you choose to battle life's ups and downs with. What makes it more likeable is that the deep feelings about the idea of ever after are wrapped with a funky tune that you can dance to. The hopeless romantic words + the catchy sound makes you love the song simply because you don't have to feel too sentimental (or too lonely if you haven't found that significant other) whenever you sing along.

So what song am I talking about? It's Bonnie Bailey's "Ever After".
**********************************************
Pop Quiz: What does "Ever After" really mean?**********************************************
Certainly, this is not about your average Once-upon-a-time tale. But the truth is, we all hope for that almost perfect love story: one that will send us blissfully to ever after. Well then what does ever after mean?

A hundred folds of explanation. One person equates to his/her own version of that so-called fairy tale ending. This is what I call Ever After Dictionary, by category:

Grandpa, on his 50th wedding anniversary with Grandma:
"Ever after is having to hold on to the hand of the same person…
even if I can barely walk."

Divorced wife:"Loving life and my kids even without you...".

Young Man, on his 1st wedding anniversary:
"I knew I made the best decision when I chose her"

Widow: "My life has no meaning without him..."

Man with a sick wife: "The doctor says she may never walk again..it's okay..
I am strong enough to carry her around"

Little boy: "My dad plays ball with me every weekend and then we race to the house afterwards because my mom cooks the best meatballs in the world!"

Bride: "I can't wait to be his wife!”

Teenager: "I want someone who will love me the way I love him"

Broken hearted girl: "I still love him..."

Broken hearted guy: "I don't know what went wrong.."

Single person: "I just want someone to spend the rest of my life with"

Oh yeah. Ever after is a little too complicated to deal with. But each line above helps us figure out how ever after is defined by different beings. The bottom line is, there is no guarantee of ever after. One does not get into a relationship because there is ever after.
Sad to say there is no ever after.

There is only TRUE LOVE.

Ever after is only the idea that we set in our minds. It helps us to hold on to the idea that someone out there will find us and will save us form the misery of being alone. What we are actually hoping for is to experience Love in its truest form.
But what the heck.....I DO BELIEVE IN EVER AFTER anyway.... :)

EVER AFTER lyrics by BONNIE BAILEY

Three years ago, my journey began
Chasing down this cure, no plan in hand
Just your pulse, my racing guide in the dark
Just knowing with conviction from the start
The moment your eyes made an introduction
I felt my second violent breath of life
Flawless to the point of being godly
Yet I fell hard for your imperfections
And now we're slightly weathered,
we're slightly worn
Our hands grip together,
eye to eye through the storm, yet
I still believe in ever after with you, yeahhhhh
Cuz life is a pleasure with you by my side,
And there ain't no current in this river we can't ride
I still believe in ever after with you
Nothing compares to the good times
Feels like we're floating, when the rest have to climb
You made me believe in love, and not the perfect kind
A real messy beautiful twisted sunshine
Emotions, volcanic eruptions
We both still care, so we're still alive
Tunnel vision, determination
I want you, I want to make it right
And now we're slightly weathered,
we're slightly worn
Our hands grip together,
eye to eye through the storm, yet
I still believe in ever after with you, yeahhhhh
Cuz life is a pleasure with you by my side,
And there ain't no current in this river we can't ride
I still believe in ever after with you

You are my twisted sunshine
You are my twisted sunshine

No comments: