Who we are...

My photo
Friends who crossed the line of friendship to discover that we can love more than we thought we can. Brought together by God and have discovered along the way that there is a deeper reason why we are together. Our mission is not to be done individually,but together. This site contains our past and our journey to the future..a sharing of emotions, feelings, thoughts, dreams, fears -- all about our adventures in life.

Friday, April 27, 2007

God's gift is here

The Beginnings of a Pregnant Woman's Diary

DATE OF ENTRY: March 28, 2007:


Yesterday, I thought of buying a pregnancy kit because I was three days delayed and something in me felt as if I was already on my way. I did not tell my husband I bought the kit because of two things: 1. I did not want him to feel sad if the test was negative 2. I wanted to surprise him if it was positive.

The next day, March 28, 2007, I did not come to work early as I normally did. When I woke up, I immediately went to the bathroom to catch my first morning urine so that I would be able to do the pregnancy test.

This was my second encounter with a stick (or the pregnancy test kit). The first time was the month after our honeymoon in which it tested to be negative. It was a weird feeling having to wait for a second line to appear. It was almost like waiting for an examination result.

After placing three drops of my urine sample, I waited. This time even while waiting a second line was already appearing together with the strip in the control window. It was faint so I did not conclude yet. But my hopes were up. I may be pregnant.

Fifteen seconds after, it was evident. Two strips!!!!I AM PREGNANT!!! I was so happy I was almost in the brink of shedding a few tears. It's already time. We will soon be parents.
I called up Dingdong. I told him I was still at home and was not yet getting ready to go to work. He said "Goodluck, what time will you get there?" And I told him, "Well, that's just how it is when your pregnant"And he thought I was kidding him. I told him that I bought a pregnancy kit and that it tested positive. As if suddenly being on his right mind he said, "Go to the hospital" I was like "Right Now?" Oh yes, he didn't want me to go to work anymore. He just wanted me to have a check up and make sure everything was fine.

After telling my husband I was pregnant, I told the whole world. It was an amazing feeling. I can't even feel the baby yet but the feeling was already overwhelming. It's so great to have been blessed this way. A great husband, a supportive family, a lovely baby coming...

And I could not ask for more.

No comments: